Rakks is the industry’s premier provider of timeless architectural shelving systems and support hardware. Our custom, modern designs, made in Massachusetts since 1971, can be found in some of the world’s most prestigious institutions. Rakks is seeking a dynamic sales professional from the worlds of architecture and design to join our team and help drive the growth of our iconic brand. We are looking for candidates who are inspired by design innovation, are passionate about architecture and who enjoy what they do.
The Sales Director will report to the CEO, and will work collaboratively to create a strategic program that further strengthens our sales and service teams. The Sales Director will be responsible for designing and implementing a plan that expands the company’s customer base and reaches ambitious sales goals. Key areas of impact include:
Strengthen the Team
- Enhance communication and collaboration amongst stakeholders, including customers, our CEO, VP, sales reps, design engineers, finance, production and service teams.
- Recruit, coach, train and mentor successful sales and service teams focused on annualized sales growth.
- Provide ongoing education and training to the sales and service teams on Rakks product lines, and the company ethos, so that they in turn educate specifiers.
- Understand and communicate industry-specific trends in architecture, design and construction that may impact the company’s strategic direction.
- Guide reps to build relationships with architects, designers, contractors, builders, homeowners and apartment-dwellers. Expand existing client relationships for growth.
- Identify and nurture new business development and strategic partnership opportunities.
- Present our products at relevant trade shows and networking events.
- Train the team in consultative selling techniques and managing a project to completion.
Data and Tools
- Assist team to better leverage Salesforce CRM to manage customer correspondence and maintain a high level of activity across their territories.
- Develop/execute strategic weekly, monthly, quarterly and projected sales plans to achieve targets.
- Improve data, contact and pipeline hygiene; monitor and increase pipeline.
- Work with the VP of Customer Acquisition and Experience and Design Team to develop unifying processes and tools that reduce errors and create better customer experiences, including tools to improve our lead qualification and intake process.
- Achieve or exceed revenue goals.
- Analyze annual and quarterly plans for achieving revenue targets, identifying new projects, key influencers and contacts, prospecting activities, and outbound strategies that drive specification of our products. This includes overseeing reps’ management of geographic sales territories, and assisting them to develop and maintain customer relationships with architecture, design and construction firms, as well as homeowners and apartment dwellers.
Experience and Qualities:
- You are interested in, knowledgeable about, and experienced with our key customers and market: architecture and design.
- Our company culture is consultative, research-driven, engaged, and informal: you enjoy working in such an environment with a diverse, multi-disciplinary team.
- You have experience encouraging and unifying a sales organization to attain common goals.
- You have experience developing/implementing a business metrics- and customer-oriented sales strategy.
- You come with a track record of growing revenue through existing and new customers, ecommerce and vendor partnerships.
- You are experienced in Salesforce CRM. Familiarity with tools such as Dodge a plus.
- You have P&L and budgeting experience.
- You employ agile methods and drive a test-and-learn approach to sales.
- You are an excellent and personable communicator.
- You exhibit a high standard of ethics and values in relating with colleagues, vendors, and clients.